I’m a slacker.
It’s my last week of maternity leave and I’ve decided to pack as much into it with the kids as I possibly can. Typical.
And then a very nice fellow blogger nominated me for a blog award. Which reminded me that I’d been nominated for one before BUT DID NOTHING ABOUT IT.
So my thanks MamaBearMatters! Thank you for nominating me. It really is just the nicest thing to have people reach out to you (especially people that aren’t your parents) and tell you that they enjoy reading what you’re putting out there. I appreciate your feedback and really enjoy your blog (check her out! She’s pretty great!)
And also, my apologies to Vicky the Northern Chicky! She nominated me as well and I promptly forgot. (You should check her out too!) Thank you!
The Versatile Blogger Award:
– Nominate 15 fellow bloggers (or as many as you deem worthy).
– Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
– Share 7 things about yourself.
– Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them.
– Add the “Versatile Blogger Award” pic to your blog post.
Seven things about me that probably are mostly interesting to my Mum:
1) I am from Vancouver Island, BC Canada, have dual citizenship and have lived in Florida for the last 6 years.
2) I met my husband after University graduation when we both taught English in Hamamatsu, Japan.
3) I can still read some Japanese, even though it’s been almost been a decade since I lived overseas.
4) I wish I had the wherewithall to do cloth diapers, but I don’t and beat myself up about my contributions to global waste.
5) I’ve wanted to write a book FOREVER. Like since I was 8. This is me practicing. I’ve been practicing for almost 4 years.
6) I thought I had good taste in movies, but the cold, hard reality is that I have the worst taste ever. But since I don’t care, it balances out nicely!
7) Literally right after I gave birth to my daughter Eleanor, I joked with my doctor ‘Well, that was easy! I might have to do it again!’ I’d never seen my husband turn that colour before in my life. I was mostly joking.
I’m supposed to nominate several people but I don’t follow that many on here. This year is the most involved I’ve gotten in the WordPress community and I am enjoying it so much… So here’s a few of my recent finds. Hope you enjoy them too!
I hope you enjoy! I know that I do…